- INFORMATION COLLECTED BY GETTINLOCAL
We may collect the following Personal Identifiable Information when you use our Services or send us inquiries:
- Identification information such as your name, physical address, email address, and telephone number(s).
- Payment information.
- Usage data about how you use our Services, including your access date and time, the pages you visit, the type of browser or computer operating system you use, the domain name of the website from which you link, and your movement around the Websites or App, device identifiers, the IP address of your device, and information about the way you use the Services; and
- Identification Information
We collect identification information when you choose to use certain features of the Services, including when you: (i) create an account; (i) communicate with (iii) engage in certain activities available via the Services, such as uploading contents, videos, or photographs; or (iv) consent to receive commercial or promotional email, direct mail, or SMS/text messages about upcoming promotions or events. You can choose not to be contacted or “opt-out” of further contact or solicitations from GettinLocal by following the instructions in the email.
- Payment information
When you use our Services, for example, to make purchases, or to process payments, we collect information about the transaction such as credit card information.
- Usage Data
We automatically collect certain usage information about you as described above.
- Location Data
Our Services may use GPS technology (or other similar technology) to determine your current location in order to determine the city you are located within and display a location map with relevant advertisements. Based on your user setting, we may share your current location with other users or partners to customize your Services experience and view more relevant information.
If you do not want us to use your location for the purposes set forth above, you should turn off the location services located in your account settings or in your mobile phone settings and/or within the mobile application.
- Your Content
GettinLocal assumes no responsibility for securing any other content you submit via the services. GettinLocal has no obligation to use, solicit or enable others to use any content you submit to us.
- USE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may use your Personal Identifiable Information for the following purposes:
- To contact you regarding the Services;
- To process your request for Personal Identifiable Information;
- To provide services requested by you;
- To process or record transactions;
- To track and analyze usage in connection with our Services;
- For internal research and marketing purposes including administering contests, promotions, surveys, or other features for the Services;
- To personalize your experience and better respond to your individual needs;
- To improve the Services;
- To improve customer service;
- To send periodic news and updates pertaining to GettinLocal;
- To send special or promotional offers or discounts related to GettinLocal or its affiliates and information related to products you have viewed via the Services;
- As an asset in connection with a proposed or actual merger or sale (including any transfers made as part of an insolvency or bankruptcy proceeding) involving all or part of our business or as part of a corporate reorganization, stock sale, or other change in control;
- To protect our rights or property or the security or integrity of our Services;
- To enforce our Terms and Conditions or other applicable agreements or policies;
- To verify your identity;
- To investigate, detect and prevent fraud, security breaches and other potentially prohibited or illegal activities;
- To comply with applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request; and
- For any other purpose disclosed to you.
We may use third-party providers to process and store your Personal Identifiable Information in United States. While we take measures to ensure the protection of your Personal Identifiable Information, governments, courts, law enforcement or regulatory agencies in another country may be able to obtain disclosure of information through the laws of such country.
To the extent permitted by law, we reserve the right to contact you at any time to provide information, respond to questions or provide notification of any changes to our Services or policies.
- DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may disclose your Personal Identifiable Information as follows:
- With our affiliates for the purposes described above;
- With third parties to provide, maintain and improve our services including service providers who access Personal Identifiable Information about you to perform services on our behalf;
- When permitted or required by law, such as in response to a subpoena or other legal process or governmental request;
- To meet legal obligations, including but not limited to regulatory reporting obligations;
- To an entity buying all or substantially all of GettinLocal’s assets or ownership interests, subject to an appropriate non-disclosure agreement;
- With your consent.
- RETENTION OF YOUR INFORMATION
We retain Personal Identifiable Information only as long as necessary to fulfill the purpose(s) for which such information was collected unless longer retention is required by law. You may request the deletion of your account by going to the account settings of the App and clicking, “Delete my account”.
WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION AND OTHER NON-IDENTIFYING INFORMATION YOU CHOOSE TO SUBMIT IN ANY PUBLICLY ACCESSIBLE AREA OF THE SERVICES.
We use security safeguards appropriate to the size, complexity, nature, and scope of our activities and the sensitivity of the information. We have reasonable security measures including administrative, technical and physical safeguards in place to protect Personal Identifiable Information. While no computer system or server is completely secure, we believe the measures we implement reduce security problems. Despite this, we cannot guarantee the security of your Personal Identifiable Information. When you communicate with us electronically or otherwise submit your Personal Identifiable Information, your communication is not necessarily secure and is subject to all of the risks of communication, including unauthorized access or use, hardware or software failure, and other factors that may compromise the security of Personal Identifiable Information at any time. We assume no responsibility for the security of any Personal Identifiable Information you submit.
In the event that Personal Identifiable Information in our possession or control is compromised as a result of a security breach, we will take reasonable steps to investigate the situation and where appropriate, notify users whose Personal Identifiable Information may have been compromised and take other steps in accordance with applicable laws or regulations.
- ONLINE BEHAVIOURAL ADVERTISING
We tailor our advertisements to you based on information that gives us a sense of what interests you, such as information collected from your activity on the web, including but not limited to, browsing or making purchases on or through our websites or on third-party websites, your activity on mobile sites and applications or your responses to our promotional emails. You may opt-out of online behavioral advertising where applicable by clicking the “ad choices” icon on ads appearing on the website or by visiting http://youradchoices.ca/choices/ and https://thenai.org/about-online-advertising/what-are-my-options/. If you opt-out of online behavioral advertising, you will still see advertising, it just won’t be tailored to your interests.
- ADDITIONAL PROTECTIONS FOR CHILDREN
The Services are not designed for or targeted to children under the age of 13, and GettinLocal will never knowingly solicit or collect the Personal Identifiable Information of a child under the age of 13. If we discover that Personal Identifiable Information of a child under the age of 13 has been submitted without verifiable parental consent, we will immediately delete such Personal Identifiable Information.
- CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
Under California’s “Shine the Light” law, California residents who provide Personal Identifiable Information in obtaining products or services for personal, family, or household use are entitled to request and obtain from us once a calendar year information about the customer information we shared, if any, with other businesses for their own direct marketing uses. If applicable, this information would include the categories of customer information and the names and addresses of those businesses with which we shared customer information for the immediately prior calendar year (e.g. requests made in 2017 will receive information regarding 2016 sharing activities).
To obtain this information, please send an email message to [email protected] with “Request for California Privacy Information” on the subject line and in the body of your message. We will provide the requested information to you at your e-mail address in response. Please be aware that not all information sharing is covered by the “Shine the Light” requirements and only information on covered sharing will be included in our response
In Canada, we manage Personal Identifiable Information in accordance with the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA).
- CONTACT INFORMATION
If you wish to access, correct, or update any Personal Identifiable Information that you have provided in connection with the Services, please make a request using the contact information below.
34 Audrey Ave. Suite #3
Oyster Bay, New York 11771